Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Hi! My name is Joshua Ferguson. I live in Jefferson City, MO. When I graduated high school I took a job at the YMCA working their summer camps and before/after school care. I absolutely loved building relationships with my kiddos. Despite the encouragement from family, friends and a random stranger or two to pursue a degree in education, I started my journey at Lincoln University majoring in marketing. I graduated with my B.S in Marketing 2012. After graduating, I felt as though I was not fulfilling the calling God had for me. I decided to substitute teach for a year while continuing working at the YMCA. I LOVED IT! I was offered a full-time position at the Y which required me to get education hours. This is what propelled me into the teaching field. I enrolled in the Post-Bac program at Columbia College. In 2018 I graduated with my Masters in Teaching. I am finishing up my last class for Teachers Certification this summer.

My career at the Y has grown over the years and I have had the pleasure of getting to know thousands of kids over my 12 year tenure at the YMCA. I have been blessed to be a part of several groups that directly impact families in my community. I have recently been asked to serve as a board member for the "Sneaker Project". The Sneaker Project helps provide students with shoes, dental, and eye care through a partnership between the Jefferson City Public Schools and the United Way. I look to continue to develop as a young professional and impact children in whatever capacity I can.

Some activities that I enjoy is playing basketball, riding my bike, and hanging out with my family and friends. I am currently training for a triathlon. I am also preparing to bike 100 miles in the month of June as a fundraiser to help kids fight cancer. If you would like to donate please see the link below:

https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/JoshuaMFerguson?utm_source=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=gcc_app_dashboard&fbclid=IwAR2oN3NAyIeTTeHSFtrtLqFxhkXFjTm3UEiBuqrIJNajwtISfHIzcucqEqU


No comments:

Post a Comment