Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Lesson Plan and Reflection 

My lesson plan focuses on comparing and contrasting the fairy tales, Cinderella and Rhodopis and Her Golden Sandals. Most people are familiar with the story of Cinderella, but Rhodopis's story is not as popular.

Rhodopis and Her Golden Sandal is an Egyptian fairy tale where an eagle carries away the golden sandal of a poor girl. The eagle drops the sandal in the lap of the King who sets of to find the owner.

I think this story will add culture and give me a chance to incorporate social studies.

Take Away

I need to work on a few things after receiving feedback. I need to:

  • Make my input step by step. Allowing anyone to pick up my lesson plan and teach it. 
  • I need to add research- based strategy.
  • Cut and paste my lesson plan into the template given. This will allow me to ensure I don't miss any needed content.
  • I want to add more learning stratiegies.
  • I need to go into more in depth with this lesson. Get down to the details. 
  • I need to add materials needed. 
I am contemplating using a double bubble map instead of a Venn diagram. What do you guys think? 

I feel like I have a lot to work on! lol  

2 comments:

  1. Josh you were not alone one providing the proper step by step. I think that when we are writing the lesson we make some general assumptions. But in the end if a sub had to come into our classroom they would not have this benefit. This is why these steps by steps are so important. ~ Rebekah Hedgepath

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first this can look very overwhelming, so give yourself some time to sit with the suggestions. Then, look over each one and decide, as the professional, which will benefit my class the most. In the end, you are the teacher!

    ReplyDelete